I’m Tired Of My Adulterous Wife, Man Tells Court

Taiwo Oyedeji, an Ibadan-based vehicle dealer, on Tuesday told a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve his 17-year-old marriage to his wife, Aminat, because he could no longer afford to share her with other men. A resident of Fatusi area in Ibadan filed a suite before the president of the court, Chief Ademola Odunade, said he could no longer cope with his adulterous wife.

“I made her understand that I am aware of her extra-marital affairs when I suspected, instead of to stop, she became more confident and I caught her red-handed on of the days”.

Aminat had her mobile phone on silence one of the nights, a certain number called repeatedly, I asked my son to give me the phone and then I realized it was the same number I had warned her about.

“I disguised my voice and spoke like Aminat, he fell for it and during the cause of our conversation, he said he enjoyed my wife the last time they met, he had traveled to Ile-Ife and would be returning back to Ibadan so both of them can continue their escapades.”

Aminat smashed a stick on my neck when I confronted her, also went further to report me to a radio station in Ibadan in bid for the presenter of a certain program to beg on her behalf.

However, she denied the allegation leveled against her and consented to the suit, Amina a trader however argued that her husband is an unrepented cheat.

“She further stated that Taiwo cannot substantiate any of his allegations against me, he is still doing everything possible to eliminate me, and I have no clue where he got the evidence from”.

On that day, he rushed into the house from the venue of his birthday party, violently destroying things; he tried breaking the ceiling to gain access into my room, if not for the timely intervention of people around, he attempted to axe me to death. She said Taiwo is too troublesome and she was equally tired.

In his judgment, Odunade dissolved the union and granted custody of the first child to the plaintiff and the last two to the defendant.

He directed Taiwo to pay N10,000 as the children’s monthly feeding allowance, in addition to being responsible for their education and other welfare. (NAN)